Questions in Electrical
- cbe Fittings. I'm not sure what bits I need. Do I need inner and outer frames?
- Hi. I've had a quick look at FAQ's but I can't find quite the right answer.
I've just fitted a split charger relay to my camper, and I'm confused!
The wiring diagram showed one wire to the main battery, one to the leisure battery, one to the coil and one to earth. But after running the 12v fridge for a day off the leisure battery it killed it (the leisure battery that is). I thought that driving the van would charge it up again but it didn't!
Someone told me that it should not be wired to the coil but wired to the alternator (which makes sense). I'm just suprised that the supplier of my split charger could be so wrong.
I've had a look on your wiring diagram but that seems to talk about going to both the coil and the alternator.
Could you please advise me as I want to rip it all out and throw it in the bin!!
Body: Std. Van Body with MH Conversion
Brakes: My Vehicle Has NO ABS Brakes
Springs: I'm Not Sure What My Rear Springs Are
- I am converting my van at present and I have come accross the Sterling products (via the SBMCC forum) as a good sounding alternative to a standard split charge relay.
My power usage will be modest but as we are planning a long trip with long stays in various destinations and don't want to be reliant on hook-up or having to drive long distances to charge leisure battery bank (2 x 12v 110ah lead-acid).
During driving we need the alternator to charge the Liesure batteries (LBs) as well as run the three way fridge at 12v. Also I am fitting a 75W solar panel with a charge regulator, this will be charging the LBs during daylight.
My queries are - will a Sterling 50A (amps in) battery to battery charger (order code MLE00171) be suitable to charge my LBs? Can this also be used rather than a seperate split charge relay for the fridge power whilst driving? Will the input to the LBs from the solar panel have any impact on the functioning of Sterling B2Bs operation?
- I am looking for a replacement re-ignitor (sparker) for our Electrolux 3 way caravan fridge. the fridge is an electrolux RM 270. The part number is:
Vernitron 407/1/72669/010, but I suspect other similar parts may well fit?
- I enquired about a split charge diode for a 91 volkswagon caravelle/transporter short wheelbase a friend is trying to convert, He tells me that he believes the alternator is 85amps.
Would the 70amp diode suffice ,the only power req from the leisure battery is a rooflight and small water pump to sink.
Also what does 1 in 2 out or 1 in 3 out mean.
He is becoming a slight pain in the butt, so I would like to identify the right diode and get it fitted soon as possible.
So once again thanks for your help hope you can identify the right one for me to order.
- I have a motorhome which has a split relay charging system one for engine battery 75ah other 100ah for van I would like to fit a third 100ah for to run a invertor , would it be better for a seperate feed or change to a split diode type would be gatefull for any help in this matter.
- I have a twin battery system with a split charge diode already fitted. Because of the voltage drop across the diode the batteries are not being charged fully I need a management system. however i am concerned about the rewiring of the alternator required.........how easy is this, how many wires etc, do I need to. What connections are required to the alternator? The alternator is standard for the car model (but uprated) for the model with a 3-pin connection
What system would you recommend?
Make: Land Rover
Axle Shape: Round Rear Axle
No. Wheels: Single Rear Wheels
Bump stop shape & Fixing: Two bolts
Body: Standard Van Body
Brakes: My Vehicle Has NO ABS Brakes
Springs: My Vehicle Has COIL Springs On The Rear Axle
- I have fitted a split charge diode and its not charging my batteries?
- I want to fit a split charge diode on a 91 volkswagon caravelle/transporter short wheelbase. I've been told the alternator is 85amps. Would the 70amp diode suffice? The only power req from the leisure battery is a rooflight and small water pump to sink.
- I want to instal a split charge circuit, can you help me please?
- i want to install a split charge diode . i have a 110ah leisure battery, does this mean i need the 130 amp max load diode which you list?
- I would like to fit a split charging system to my 1981 Range Rover so that I can ran a 12 volt fridge without fear of running down the main battery, but I don’t really know what is required.
- I'm looking to source a splitcharge diode and am looking at your MLE00068. its for a pal who is installing a 110amp leisure battery in a self conversion volkswagon T4 would that be the best one . it will power only a water pump and a couple of lights. Oh and does the installation instructions come with it or is it as simple as the diagram makes it look.(I'm not all that good with electrics)look forward to hearing from you, we will purchase on your recommendation,
- please can you help me, i have put a leisure battery on my estima and want to purchase one of your split charge diodes but i dont know which one to buy, can you please let me know which one i need, the leisure battery i am using is just an ordinary battery off a audi 100 1989 model, i also need to know what rating of wire i need to use between the split charge block and the batteries,
- split charge diodes, is there a 24v model ?
- What are the sizes of the cbe support frames please?
- With regards to split charge diode, what does 1 in 2 out or 1 in 3 out mean?