Firestone DriveRite - Air Assisted Suspension - Volkswagen Amarok 2010 onwards
This kit comprises of the following parts
Please click here for our frequently asked questions on semi air suspension kits - Opens in a new page.
click here for OEM fitting instructions (Opens in a new window)
The above kit is complete with everything to install the kit on your vehicle (except tools) including hose and inflators, however there are gauge kits available, which can be ordered below. More information on the available gauge kits can be found here (opens in a fresh page)
We must stress, this kit, or any other air assist kit is NOT supplied with gauges or compressor, these items can be purchased as optional extras
We've been forwarded some helpful information on this kit as follows
I have now fitted the kit and it works well. A few points worth making if you get any other enquiries from Amarok owners.
· The holes under the bump stops are not large enough for the M10 inserts and in any event the blind rivet tool cannot be used with the axle in place even if they are drilled out.
· The chassis skin is two layers and very thick at this point so the collapsing part of the insert is not long enough to grasp the wider metal if the job is done with bolt and spacers – the presumed alternative which is not referred to in the advice leaflet which says a blind rivet tool is not absolutely necessary.
· The hole is not accurately spaced in the bump stop mounting so – as on mine can need drilling to make it central enough to fit the bracket correctly.
· It is just possible to get a nut onto a bolt through holes in the chassis to fit the brackets in the absence of the inserts- which is just as well. I would recommend flange nuts. It is a fiddle.
· The M10 bolts provided for the bump stop bracket are not long enough because of the metal thickness. I used 45 mm stainless set screws and nuts.
· The M8 screws through these brackets holding the main assembly can be easily overtightened at the recommended torque settings – this would distort the plates they go thorough.
· The M8 bolt holes do not always line up properly it appears – two did, one was almost there but took persuasion the fourth had to be helped by drilling – this is probably due to production tolerances but maybe buyers should be alert to the possibility.
Otherwise a good piece of kit - and hopefully long lasting.